Cookies and this website

This website uses cookies to give you the best online experience. If you'd like to know more please read our cookie policy

Skip to content

Latest news

Featured Property of the Week

Published: Wednesday 7 March 2018
Featured Property of the Week

Property Reference - 32318

A 2 bedroomed bungalow located in Stocksbridge, Sheffield S36 1DE and is situated in the Whitwell area of Stocksbridge as part of the Shay/Whitwell/Spinkhill estate.

Bidding for this property will be on a First Come First Served basis only.

This property is available for applicants aged 60 years or older and is available for viewing right now. You will need to be eligible for 2 beds in order to be considered.

Based in a quiet area of Stocksbridge and backing onto agricultural greenbelt land, this property is near the Fox Valley Shopping Park (pictured below) and has fantastic transport links. The property has a good sized back garden, measuring 12x14 Meters and would suit keen gardeners who also enjoy being near local amenities. There is a garden shed however this will not be maintained by Sheffield City Council.

This property has a good sized living room measuring 11-15 square meters, a kitchen that is compact but functional with lots of work surfaces, measuring 6-10 square meters.

There are 2 bedrooms in this property, the master bedroom measures 11-15 square meters and the smaller guest bedroom measures 6-10 square meters. The property has a level access bathroom with an electric shower. Please note the sizes specified in this advert are estimates and are to be used as a guide for bidding applicants only.

The property has gas central heating with 5 radiators plus an electric fire in the living room.

There is some off street communal parking and the nearest bus stop for public transport is only 3 minutes’ walk away from this bungalow.

For a limited period we are able to offer a £40.00 B&Q decoration voucher to the successful applicant.  

Other local information:

The property is within easy walking distance to 3 bus stops situated at Pot House Lane, Maple Grove and Kenworthy Road. The 57 bus runs into the City centre every 30 minutes.

The SL1 circular bus runs between Stocksbridge and the Middlewood Super Tram terminus offering easy access to other parts of the city.

The property is in close proximity to the following local amenities such as: 

Local SPAR shop – 0.1 miles
Johnson Street CO-OP – 0.7 miles
The Valley Medical Centre – 0.7 miles
Stocksbridge Community Centre (Moorland Road) – 0.6 miles
Stocksbridge Library – 0.8 miles
Fox Valley Shopping Park – 1.2 miles and is situated near 2 allotments and various eateries.

New bids welcome - The successful applicants can ask to have all off their housing waiting time to be re-awarded back to them after 2 years in this tenancy.



SCC Housing Register Renewal Letters

Published: Wednesday 22 March 2017

Throughout 2018 we will continue our ongoing review of the SCC housing Register. This means we will be asking everyone who has applied for social housing to log on, into their housing application to check and update their details.

Not all customers will be reviewed at the same time. If you have a housing application we will contact you to ask you to update your details. You must do this within the specified timescale, which is normally 28 days from the date on your letter.

To Renew your housing application, regardless of whether or not you make any changes you will be required to submit Identification documents (ID) for all your household members. Further information about the Renewal process and ID requirements can be found on your Renewal letter or by clicking the link below.


To login you will need your housing application number which is included on the Renewals letter and is shown on any previous correspondence from us.

You will also need your memorable date which is personal to you.  There is a facility on the Sheffield Property Shop website which will allow you to reset this if you have forgotten it.

If you do not complete the Renewal when we ask you to and submit all the required ID , your housing application will be cancelled and you will lose any waiting time you have built up. If this happens and you still want to be considered for social housing you will need to complete a new housing application.